Creating an action plan is important after your loved one’s prostate cancer diagnosis, but it may be hard to focus or think clearly.
This page provides links to helpful articles to help you get started (also see our site map).
Learn all you can
- Prostate Cancer 101 explains disease basics in simple terms that are easy to understand
- Searching for information helps you find the latest clinical studies from credible medical sources and understand how to read them
- Prostate cancer treatments provides an overview of the many different options so you can make the most informed decision
Download our free “Questions to Ask The Doctor”
More helpful articles
Not sure who to tell about your loved one’s prostate cancer? Read the pros and cons of telling others.
Have young children or elderly parents? Read family matters and concerns before deciding how much you want to tell them.
Hesitant about joining a support group? Read the importance of seeking support for you and him.
Need inspiration? Read our “Bill of Rights” for wives and partners.
Questioning your faith? Read finding faith when you can’t.
Your loved one’s prostate cancer is your cancer too and it’s important to process your feelings.
Give yourself permission to take breaks when you need to. Practicing putting prostate cancer “on a shelf” for just a few minutes every day may help you better cope with all the stress. Read:
- Managing your emotions when you feel like you’re on a roller coaster
- Understanding your man’s emotions because he may feel very differently than you
- Signs and symptoms of depression, which is a common concern after receiving a prostate cancer diagnosis
- Managing stress for great tips and helpful coping strategies
- Communication tips to help you and your man “talk things out” in ways that are healthy
- Stories of hope from real people like you who are living with prostate cancer
- Support groups for both men and women so you don’t ever have to feel alone
- Prostate cancer questions and answers (a quick summary of key information)
- Prostate cancer tips (before and after treatment)
- Prostate cancer and nutrition to learn if certain foods can help
- Prostate cancer books (including our editorial reviews)